Friday, November 25, 2011

The Rewards of Extended Breastfeeding

I wasn't sure we would still be nursing well into Sophie's second year, especially when we had to supplement with formula starting at around five months.  But here we are, still going strong at sixteen months!  Sophie is going through a phase where she likes to say "hi" to various objects in her daily life (the paintings over her changing table and the penguin statues in Deokpo Beach in particular).  This morning when I pulled my shirt open to nurse, she looked at my breast and said/signed "Hi, milk!"  It was a good start to the day.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

Awesome! I love how smart and cute Sophie is (and that you share with us)!! Any new video of her signing?

Jamie said...

How sweet! E-mail me every detail of making breastfeeding work beyond one year. As you know, I am on the ecstatic/terrified countdown to weaning at one year . . . but also hesitantly imagine a future of extended nursing.