Monday, November 14, 2011

Numbers

I have started reading the floor numbers to Sophie as we go up and down in the elevator.  She loves this and reminds me to do it by saying "aye! aye!" and pointing or looking towards the number display.  She likes to repeat "ten!" after me when we get to the tenth floor.  This evening when I was putting Sophie to bed, she started saying "aye! aye!" and pointed to the wall hanging over her crib.  It's a cross-stitched picture from my mom with the numbers one through nine on it.  I guess Sophie recognized at least one of the numbers!  So I read out the numbers one through nine and pointed to each one, and after I said "nine," Sophie said, proudly, "TEN!"  I know every parent thinks this, but my daughter is a genius!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I agree! Of course that's to be expected with two geniuses for parents.

Nana said...

I can't wait to see you guys!! :)