Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Updates for Keegan

Keegan left yesterday for a sea trial.  As Laura put it this morning, he is basically test driving the ship he's been working on.  He'll be gone for ten days.  Blah.  Since I usually tell Keegan, in mind-numbing detail, about my days, I've decided to tell you all instead.  So brace yourselves for some exciting reviews of my day-to-day.

This morning I woke up around 8 and read another story in Jhumpa Lahiri's Interpreter of Maladies, which I love.  I eventually extracted myself from the cats and made my way out of bed and into the living room to do a workout on the bike trainer while watching the Gilmore Girls.  The workouts are getting easier - I'll have to up the intensity on my next ride!  

While I was riding, the Magic Jack rang a couple times, and then the house phone rang.  Fearing it might be an emergency, I unclipped from the bike, swiped a towel over my sweaty brow, and answered the phone.  It was Laura!  I called her after my bike workout while I was drinking my delicious banana-yogurt-orange juice smoothie concoction.  Laura's doing well, and, as always, it was really nice to talk to her.  

My student came this afternoon, and we had a nice lesson.  She told me all about her trip to Seoul over New Year's.  She wasn't very enthusiastic.  She said that the city was very gray, and that she "froze a lot."  She used to live in Shanghai and had a much more favorable impression of that city than of Seoul.  But she and her husband liked their hotel and the restaurants, and they took a bus tour that looked pretty cool (she showed me a brochure).  

I was a whirlwind of activity in the evening and did some cleaning and lesson planning for tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous because I'm meeting some temporary new students.  They are the sons of another student, and they'll just be here until the end of January.  I think tomorrow is really just a planning session, and I have a plan, so things should work out well.  I spent the evening online catching up on e-mail and watching movie trailers.  I heard a story on NPR and want to see just about every movie mentioned in the top 10.  Looks like we'll have lots to rent when Keegan gets back!  

No comments: