Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Historic Day

Today was full of excitement as we watched election results come in.  Since we are fourteen hours ahead of the east coast now, we started seeing results around 9:30 a.m., when I got home from the swimming pool and glued myself to the computer.  By the time my student arrived at 2 p.m., we had the news:  Obama will be our next president!  I watched his victory speech with tears in my eyes.  In the coming months, Obama will be sorely tested as he deals with the mess left behind by eight years of the Bush administration.  But for now, I just want to reflect with happiness on Obama's win in the U.S. and in my home state of Virginia.

Pepper is sharing the joy:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are pretty happy here, too. I guess the Falwell boys' prediction that Liberty could be "the college that helped elect a president" didn't come true. Such arrogance! And Virginia went for Obama!!! Can you believe that?

The picture of Pepper is as cute as they get!