- took another hike with Keegan.
- failed to find the trail until reaching the top of the mountain.
- was directed onto the trail by picnicking Koreans wielding scissors. (They were grilling bulgogi, and scissors are often used to cut the thinly sliced beef.)
- had my picture taken by a Korean hiker, whose overall attitude was that of a man snapping a picture of a rare species at the zoo.
- nearly had a heart attack riding my bike on the scary, windy, hilly roads north of our apartment.
- had my first two lessons with a new student whose knowledge of English grammar is encyclopedic but whose basic speaking and listening skills are way behind.
- went to a lunch that featured lively conversation in English and Spanish and a lovely coconut flan.
- left my lights on, ran my battery down, and learned just how easy it is to push my car around the parking lot for a jump.
- had my first knitting lesson, during which is was discovered that my independent attempts at knitting involved the wrong needles, inappropriate yarn, and a knotty, unrecognizable mess that could not be called knitting.
- learned to knit the right way!
- bought and then painted a hard-shelled Korean pumpkin for Halloween with Glenda and Keegan.
- was chagrined to see what Keegan chose to paint on his Halloween pumpkin (see below).
- watched hours of kitten antics.
- disciplined kittens for their antics involving plants, curtains and my exposed flesh.
- rearranged furniture, painted a picture frame, picked out photos to have printed and framed, baked granola, and bought new plants for the apartment.
- enjoyed another whirlwind week on Geoje Island.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
What Happened this Week?
This week I: